Frozen banana ice cream

Sometimes I find myself with too many bananas than I can eat before they turn over-ripe. Recently, I came across the idea of freezing them to make banana ice cream! You freeze the bananas and put them through a food processor or blender, after peeling them of course. Simple as that. With a few minutes blending, the bananas turn into a creamy treat you can eat right then and there, or put back into a container in the freezer to scoop out later. You can get creative and throw in some additions before refreezing. Try blending in peanut butter, hand mixing chopped peanuts, mixing in other chopped fruit like strawberries, adding swirls of chocolate sauce, mixing in chocolate chunks, or even instant coffee if you'd like; anything goes!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Frozen banana ice cream"

  1. Theodorus says:
    May 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

    You Bitch! Credit me!

    Btw, for 2 medium bananas, I'd recommend about a half cup of milk.

    To get creative, I recommend a tbsp of cocoa powder and 2+ tbsp of chopped nuts. Instant coffee works.. don't try ground coffee though.. too chunky.

Post a Comment